Insurance Update

Several of our faithful readers and friends have asked for an update. We are currently appealing the decision of our insurance provider. Ezra was actually declined for no diagnosis. Yes that is correct, NO DIAGNOSIS. We are appealing this decision because in our minds it is ludicrous. I am sure lots of babies are born every day with an undiagnosed health condition and their insurance picks them up no problem. In our minds he is being discriminated against because of potential health issues. He has tested negative twice for the medical issue they are assuming he has.  Ezra and I are going in today to have more blood drawn to see if the elevated levels last time have gone down or to see if something else could be the cause.  Please pray for the results.

We also learned that the state of Arizona has a law that requires children adopted or born be covered automatically for 31 days.  We asked our provider why we were not given the 31 days and they told us they weren’t sure if it applied to us and would give us a decision in 30 days.  We contacted the state insurance commissioner’s office and they couldn’t tell us much over the phone and they are currently running 6-9 months out for processing claims.  I am assuming we will hear back from them in 9-12 months.  Hopefully given the law we will at least be reimbursed for the money we have already paid to have them initially visit the doctor.

That’s all I can share for now.  Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement and your prayers.  We are truly thankful to have such a wonderful, supportive community.

Let’s end this boring post with a cute pic!


Ezra sleeping in his exersaucer